[linux-audio-user] kernel bug: how to report?

Antonio debian at fastwebnet.it
Mon Oct 17 05:39:02 EDT 2005

Hi to the list,

I'm running the 2.6.14-rc4 kernel with realtime-preemption (rt1) patch
on a debian testing/unstable.

I was trying to create a simple sessione with lash, lash_synth and
patchage but qjackctl died suddenly. In syslog I've found the "stack
trace" of the kernel due to a bug, something that begins with:

  localhost kernel: BUG: Unable to handle kernel paging request at
virtual address 00100100

and then continues for more or less 100 lines of additional
informations. Looking in syslog I've found also another 2 o 3
_different_ bugs: they are all audio related.

Are those syslog information useful for debugging? How and where should
I report them?

Now I will try If I can reproduce the bug with the vanilla 2.6.13 kernel
and/or with the 2.6.14-rc3-rt2 that I've previously compiled.

Best Regards,

  ~ Antonio