[linux-audio-user] mandriva 2005 (ex mandrake) as daw

emanuele ..::www.rumoridifondo.com::.. emanuele at rumoridifondo.com
Mon Oct 17 09:51:22 EDT 2005

hello!
it's the 1st time i write on this mailing-list.
i'm an italian guy who wants to use mandriva 2005 as a daw.
i would like to use audio&midi sequencer (i thought to use rosegarden,
virtual instruments, and midi notation).

so i tried to install "jack". but i don't manage to start him.
every time a try to start jack by qjackctl the program tell me that it
can't connect to audio server.

i use a m-audio audiophile2496 that works with alsa driver "snd-ice1712"
and i use gnome 2.8.
my kernel version is 2.6.11mdk. do i have to use the multimedia-kernel
to work in realtime and low latency?

does anyone use mandriva 2005 as a daw?