[linux-audio-user] more notes re: fst/xfst

David dplist at free.fr
Mon Oct 17 17:46:14 EDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:45:41 +0200
Emanuel Rumpf <x at branwelt.de> wrote:

> David wrote:
>
> >I use the same distribution here but with DeMuDi's multimedia
> >kernel. I can spawn Crystal too. I see its jack outputs but I cannot
> >seem to find its MIDI input(s) (neither with aconnect nor qjackctl).
> >

> hm.
>
> Are we talking of the same vst and version (2.4)? I got crystal here:
> http://www.greenoak.com/crystal/download.html

Yes.

> Have you loaded the alsa sequencer modules? :
> modprobe snd-seq-midi
> modprobe snd-seq

Yes.

> I can see "130:Crystal" under QJackCtl's 'Writable Midi Clients / Midi
> Input Ports' in the "Connections" Window.

I don't have them.

If I use vsthost (dssi-vst) or native synths, everything is okay,
that's odd.

Looking at xfst's source in vsti.c, one can see that it tries to
connect to the ALSA Seq and that it should spit an error message if
that fails. Here I have no new ALSA seq port and no error message.

Anyone has an idea about this ?

> Connecting Rosegarden4 also worked.
>
> Emanuel

Thanks.