[linux-audio-user] kernel bug: how to report?

Antonio debian at fastwebnet.it
Thu Oct 20 12:00:50 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 10:41 +0000, Nigel Henry wrote:
[cut]
> Hi. What exactly is "patchage" for? I've got Whysynth on FC2, and now after a
> struggle on FC3. I am also trying to install Smack, which needs om as a dep,
> and saw patchage on the download list on om's site. Nigel.

Patchage is a graphical patch bay to make jack and midi connections. It
support session management through lash and this is the main reason I
find it very interesting.

http://www.nongnu.org/om-synth/patchage.html

By now I wasn't able to use it in a productive way in conjunction with
lash because launching whysynth through jack-dssi-host I don't see the
midi input, while loading whysynth in om and saving the session cause a
kernel bug on session load.

But I'm confident that that these issue will be fixed quite soon.

Cheers,

  ~ Antonio