[linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] jack_fst and gcc4

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Oct 22 22:06:27 EDT 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:

>On 10/22/05, Martin Wohlleben <Martin.Wohlleben at gmx.de> wrote:

>>>Hi all,
>>>   I just got a few minutes to try xfst on my AMD64 machine. Did
>>>anyone else run into this:
>>>
>>>mark at lightning ~/CODE/xfst-0.3 $ make
>>>winebuild -o xfst.exe.dbg.c --debug -C. audiomaster.c fst.c
>>>fstinfofile.c gtk.c jfst.c vsti.c vstwin.c
>>>winebuild: unrecognized option `--debug'
>>>Usage: winebuild [OPTIONS] [FILES]
>>>
>>><SNIP>
>>>
>>>make: *** [xfst.exe.dbg.c] Error 1
>>>mark at lightning ~/CODE/xfst-0.3 $
>>>
>>>I hope I'm doing this correctly. I put the Steinberg headers in the
>>>vst directory and then ran make. That seems to be what the README file
>>>suggests. There is also a file called readme.jack-fst which seems ot
>>>be leftover from the older Jack_fst. Is that correct?
>>>
>>>Make does seem to want to run winebuild, and winebuild on my system
>>>doesn't support an option called debug.
>>>
>>>mark at lightning ~/CODE/xfst-0.3 $ wine --version
>>>Wine 20050930
>>>mark at lightning ~/CODE/xfst-0.3 $
>>>
>>>   Did I miss some conversation about this?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Mark
>>>

>>Hi Marc,
>>
>>I got the same failure with wine20050930. I downgraded wine to wine20050830
>>and xfst-0.3 compiled cleanly.
>>You also have to change the vst header as for jack_fst. Otherwise you get some
>>error messages and make will "fail". I don't know exactly what I changed
>>exactly, but you can find the headers which I used attached to this e-mail.
>>I still got a failure message, during compilation but xfst works.
>>
>>good luck,
>>Martin
>>

>Thanks for the confirmation Martin. Backing down on Wine is not an
>option. I'll wait and hope Torben will update the files to fix it.
>
>Cheers,
>Mark

Hi guys:

  Yes, I'm having the same problem with winebuild. The trouble is that
the syntax for winebuild's options has changed from what Torben has in
the Makefile. Unfortunately I haven't yet figured out the new magic
incantation, but I did spend an hour or so on it this afternoon. Got no
joy, same as you. :(

Best,

dp