[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Sineshaper 0.4.0

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sun Oct 23 17:58:17 EDT 2005

OK,

> The Sineshaper synth comes with some presets that you can play or use
> as starting points for your own synth settings. You can not change
> these "factory presets", but you can create and save your own
> presets. They are written to the file .sineshaperpresets in your home
> directory. If you make any nice presets I would really like to hear
> them.

no it built fine and I had the occasion to play a bit with it.

Some comments, if you're interested:

* The presets don't show up for any reason

* If the default settings could be adjusted, it would give a more
immediate start:
** Decrease Gain (! ;-)
** Decrease Delay
** Decrease amp release time

* I noticed that parameter changes take a long time until these take
effect. Even moving the pitch bend wheel did last some milliseconds
until it was audible. Same when playing with the UI controls

* Can it be switched to be polyphonic?

OK, enough for today, it's bed time now :) .

Thanks for the code and good night,

    ce