[linux-audio-user] music apps being removed with Sarge/Etch updates

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Tue Oct 25 16:59:44 EDT 2005

Nigel Henry wrote:
> Hi. The latest updates on my Debian Sarge/Etch (on the testing repo) are
> wanting to remove. Cheesetracker (libsigc++ deps) , Wavemixer, and Seq24. Now
> I use, or more precisely, am trying to use Cheesetracker, so don't want to

   try aptitude, it explains why it wants to remove packages,

   I follow unstable and if it wants to remove something I like I just
don't upgrade for some time (like now they are upgrading c++ and kde so
it's pretty messy), the turmoils are fairly infrequent

   another options is to compile and install into /opt/package-version,
sometime I do that when I really like package and it's not available for
debian

   you'd probably get a better answer on debian-user mailing list

	erik