[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Sineshaper 0.4.0

Lars Luthman larsl at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 25 17:13:47 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 16:18 +0200, Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
> El Martes, 25 de Octubre de 2005 13:10, Lars Luthman escribió:
> > Did you get a core dump or any error messages when the GUI wouldn't show
> > up in Ghostess?
>
> See the attached file.
>
> I will mail you an strace output from it, thanks.

I can see in that strace output that ghostess actually did find the GUI
program. So the problem must be in the actual execution of the GUI, or
in the communication between ghostess and the GUI. Could you try to run
the GUI directly, using the command

 /usr/lib/dssi/sineshaper/sineshaper_gtk

You should get something similar to this output:

  Not enough arguments passed to the DSSIUIClient constructor!
  Could not start OSC listener. You are not running the
  program manually, are you? It's supposed to be started by
  the plugin host.

If you get that the problem is most likely in the OSC communication, if
you get something else there is probably something wrong with the GUI
program or the libraries it uses.

--
Lars Luthman
PGP key:     http://www.d.kth.se/~d00-llu/pgp_key.php