[linux-audio-user] music apps being removed with Sarge/Etch updates

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 16:38:38 EDT 2005

On 10/25/05, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb at tiscali.fr> wrote:

> Hi Mark. I've got as far as emerge -pv om. Unfortunately I've lost the syntax
> for a one shot unmask for a single package. I need to unmask om which is
> being masked by -x86 keyword. Nigel.

Although not the most acceptable way, does this not work?

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge -pv om

I had ~amd64 due to the machine I tried it on yesterday.

The problem with the above method is it would five you ~x86 for
anything else it pulls in. A more acceptable way would be to add

media-sound/om ~x86

to /etc/portage/package.keywords. That will give you ~x86 for om and
stable for everything else. If that method runs into some package
that's also masked, then you add that package to package.keywords
until you have what you need.

I'd emerge this now but I'm in the middle of a qt rebuilt to
(hopefully) fix a problem with MythTV.

> BTW there are ebuilds for om, omins, and smack, at  a link from
> http://smack.berlios.de  . I havn't sent the URL for the link, as it's a bit
> weird.

Cool. I'll take a look.

Thanks,