[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Sineshaper 0.4.0

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Thu Oct 27 20:07:02 EDT 2005

On Sunday 23 October 2005 19:40, Lars Luthman wrote:
> The Sineshaper is a monophonic DSSI synth. This is the first release.
> Source tarball, screenshot and Vorbis demo are available here:
> http://ll-plugins.sf.net. The knob graphics are created by Thorsten
> Wilms and Peter Shorthose.
>
> The Sineshaper synth has two sine oscillators and two waveshapers.
> The sound from the two oscillators is mixed and passed through the
> waveshapers, first through the first waveshaper and then the second.
> You can control the tuning of both oscillators as well as their
> relative loudness, and the total amount of shaping and the fraction of
> that amount that each shaper applies. Both waveshapers use a sine
> function for shaping the sound, but for the second shaper you can shift
> the sine function (with maximal shift it becomes a cosine function) to
> produce a different sound.
>
> You can also add vibrato and tremolo, and change the ADSR envelope
> that controls the amplitude and shape amount (as well as setting the
> envelope sensitivity for both the amplifier and the shapers). There
> is also a "Drive" control that adds distorsion, and a feedback delay
> with controllable delay time and feedback amount. All control parameters
> can be changed using MIDI.
>
> The Sineshaper synth comes with some presets that you can play or use
> as starting points for your own synth settings. You can not change
> these "factory presets", but you can create and save your own presets.
> They are written to the file .sineshaperpresets in your home directory.
> If you make any nice presets I would really like to hear them.

HI Lars. I'm having a lot of problems getting Sineshaper installed on FC2 or
FC3. The dependencies go back as far as libsigc++-2.0.15. This installs ok,
but as the site has no devel package for it, I have no .pc file for pkgconfig
to find. Could you tell me what distro you're running Sineshaper on, and how
to handle the dependencies. The dependencies end at libsigc++-2.0.15, then,
glibmm-2.8.0, then gtkmm-2.8.0, then, libglademm-2.6.0, then.
Sineshaper-0.4.0. I'm not complaining. I'd just like to get it working as
some reports say it has a unique sound. All the best. Nigel.