[linux-audio-user] re:Intel HDA microphone settings

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Mon Oct 31 12:08:12 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 12:08 +0100, Marcus Fischer wrote:
> Geoff,
>
> does that mean that it is impossible to get it running with setup
> options only? - If I understood correct, you face the same trouble, not?

Please test the various "model" options listed here (modprobe
snd-hda-intel model="asus" for example) and report which (if any) work
for you.

Yes it's annoying, the ALSA developers are working on a better method.

  Module snd-hda-intel
  --------------------

    Module for Intel HD Audio (ICH6, ICH6M, ICH7), ATI SB450,
               VIA VT8251/VT8237A

    model       - force the model name
    position_fix - Fix DMA pointer (0 = auto, 1 = none, 2 = POSBUF, 3 =
FIFO size)

    This module supports one card and autoprobe.

    Each codec may have a model table for different configurations.
    If your machine isn't listed there, the default (usually minimal)
    configuration is set up.  You can pass "model=<name>" option to
    specify a certain model in such a case.  There are different
    models depending on the codec chip.

          Model name    Description
          ----------    -----------
        ALC880
          3stack        3-jack in back and a headphone out
          3stack-digout 3-jack in back, a HP out and a SPDIF out
          5stack        5-jack in back, 2-jack in front
          5stack-digout 5-jack in back, 2-jack in front, a SPDIF out
          6stack        6-jack in back, 2-jack in front
          6stack-digout 6-jack with a SPDIF out
          w810          3-jack
          z71v          3-jack (HP shared SPDIF)
          asus          3-jack
          uniwill       3-jack
          F1734         2-jack
          test          for testing/debugging purpose, almost all
controls can be
                        adjusted.  Appearing only when compiled with
                        $CONFIG_SND_DEBUG=y