[linux-audio-user] Cheesetracker patch

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Mon Oct 31 18:55:19 EST 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct, 2005 at 02:51PM -0700, David Jaquay spake thus:
> Can I ask a newbie question: what is a tracker?  I have the impression
> that it's sorta like a sequencer, but sorta not...

The short description is that it's a sample-based music production
tool.  You play samples at different pitches and make music.

It sounds very basic and not particularly good, but trust me, once you
start, you find that there's a lot you can do that sequencers don't
yet offer.

For more info, history of tracking, etc, go for google.

<plug style="shameless">
Have a listen at http://dis-dot-dat.net/index.cgi?item=music/ for
examples of what you can do.
</plug>

> Thanks,
> Dave
>
> On 10/31/05, conrad berhörster <conrad.berhoerster at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 28. Oktober 2005 14:49 schrieb james at dis-dot-dat.net:
> > > I've written a simple patch to add info on the real-time capabilities
> > > of LADSPA plugins in CheeseTracker.
> > >
> > > I know I seem to be the only CheeseTracker user on the lists, but just
> > > in case...
> > No you aren't !!
> > praise the nice cheesetracker
> >
> > sizu c~