[linux-audio-user] Problems with notch filtering

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 15:30:10 EDT 2005

I need to be able to pipe stereo audio through a notch filter so that
I can adjust it while listening and analyzing the effects it is
having. Unfortunately I cannot find a way to do this. Here's why:

- The only LADSPA notch filter I can find is "Mag's notch filter"
(notch_iir_1894.so)

-Jack Rack works great with this plugin, except when I change the
number of stages in the interface, the change is only applied to one
channel. (the other controls are applied to both channels)

-AlsaModularSynth immediately segfaults when trying to load this
particular plugin

-Ardour will not work with this either. The controls don't do what
they are supposed and al I can accomplish with it is some sort of
wacky low pass filter. (how this is accomplished with a notch filter
plugin is beyond me...)

So... What else is there? these are the only programs I know of that I
can pipe audio through very easily. (please don't suggest Pd, I've
never gotten it to compile correctly) Anybody else have similar
problems with this plugin?

-Reuben