[linux-audio-user] You have to laugh!

Bob fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 04:55:19 EDT 2005

Hi
Just found this item on Ebay being sold:

**********************
"
The best thing about this is that when you are running all 26 channels
of inputs and outputs, it adds no load to your CPU.

I had this card running flawlessly with Cubase with 6mS latency (It
would work down to 1mS but if I pushed the PC sometimes it would crackle
so I settled for 6mS)

I'm selling this because I have moved to Pro-tools and it won't work
with the RME card.

I'm now running with 26ms latency and hardware that definatley does make
demands on my PC. I guess that's progress! "

Thats how thing 'improve' in the proprietary world

PS I get this latency with Ardour on my Hammerfall lite!

Cheers
Bob

www.hearmymusic.co.uk