[linux-audio-user] Lightscribe support

Jeremiah Benham jjbenham at chicagoguitar.com
Mon Sep 5 21:36:06 EDT 2005

I was at wal-mart today and saw a DVD burner with lightscribe support. I almost purchased it. I usually purchase hardware then take it home to see if
it works with linux before doing any research. If it doesn't work with Linux I take it back to the store and tell them it does not work! This time I
felt a little different because I was just going in to find a standard DVD burner. I Thought it would be nice to burn a label directly onto the disk
without using a stick-on label. I read on the net that Nero for linux supports this LightScribe. I am kind of concerned about using software that is
'non-free'. I am not against paying money for software. I would prefer to donate to an OSS than pay a proprietary license. My main question is does
anyone here have any experience with LightScribe or print-to-disk in Linux? If so what software are you using? Or should I say what microsofts are you
using? Ha Ha

Thanks,
Jeremiah