[linux-audio-user] abrowse and exporting to wav

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Wed Sep 7 04:38:19 EDT 2005

On Wed,  7 Sep 2005 09:47:09 +0200
hansfong at zonnet.nl wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Who can tell me how to export samples from an Akai CD-ROM to WAVs on my HD
> using abrowse? I can browse the CD fine, all samples show up, but I can't find
> an option to export. Do I need new glasses, or am I genuinly confused? Thanks
> for the help.

Hi,

it was a bit cryptic i think. From memory: wasn't it something like
rightclick on the intrument name and then extract? First i had to use
File/Output device though. This doesn't seem to do anything, but it
didn't work without.. Anyways, abrowse segfaults for me after the first
instruiment anyways, so i rather use the sample code from the libakai
package. It seems to work rather well, although i think i had to remove
an error check to make it work ;)

I attached the modified version of the DeviceAccessTest.cpp file.

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://tapas.affenbande.org