[linux-audio-user] Linux-Music and making a living...

Hector Centeno h.centeno at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 7 09:27:28 EDT 2005

Hello,

Yesterday I was having a little of a debate with a good friend about the
possibilities of Linux/open-source audio and music software in the music
market. What are your opinions about this? Is someone there actually
making money using Linux and/or open-source software? Is it possible to
be competitive in a market full of musicians/composers using
Win/Mac+proprietary software (Cubase, Reason, ProTools and  friends)?
Probably this has been addressed more than once previously, so sorry for
insisting... I think I need some encouragement!

Thank you!

Hector.