[linux-audio-user] Linux-Music and making a living...

Cesare cesare at poeticstudios.com
Thu Sep 8 13:29:17 EDT 2005

R Parker wrote:

>>I think GNU/Linux should never become too
>>widespread. Otherwise it will
>>die. It should be an alternative for those who value
>>freedom, those who
>>aren't afraid to learn. Those who value sharing more
>>than selling and
>>buying.
>>

>Good enough. You could consider heading up a movement
>to roll back all the kernel code that has been
>contributed by any for profit enterprises including;
>Red Hat, Suse, IBM, Sony, Yamaha, etc. When you get
>JACK running on some kernel from 1991, '92 or whatever
> I promise to face my fear and use your product.
>
>And while we're at it I think we should stop using the
>internet because it is for profit universities,
>corporations and the Pentagaon that built it. The
>simple act of sending this email makes my skin crawl
>because it is the action of a hypocrite.
>
>Ron "pining for the Carrier Pigeon" Parker

I think I've been misunderstood.
I just hate those who feel the need to compare Linux to other OSes and
argument that it should have that application and those functions and so
on to compete. Linux should not compete, IMHO. It should exist. Period.

I'm currently using SUSE. Commercial distros apply fair ways of making
money out of Linux. And developers must eat.
But if you don't agree that GNU/Linux is mainly about freedom, you can
use MacOSX which has a *nix core and loads of stable and easy to install
apps already here.

Do you really think that in a world which kills people for oil (or let
them die without helping, because they've nothing) and in which the big
media industry forges most people's mind one day we'll see open source
software and Linux (like it is now, to just a commercial OS called
Linux) on every PC?

Yes, the pentagon built the internet. So what?

c.