[linux-audio-user] alsa rme96 jack - 186 msec latency?

Michael Rudolf mich.rudolf at gmx.de
Sun Sep 11 18:16:25 EDT 2005

Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 16:10 +0200, Michael Rudolf wrote:
> > I'm heading for a 2.6.13 kernel with realtime-preempt patch now. I'm
> > afraid this is going to get complicated because of rtlimits/PAM setup.

Vanilla 2.6.13.1 kernel + Ingo Molnar realtime preemption patch did not
help either. Still only 1024/8 and 256/32 work. Very strange. Still have
to check "chrt", but I'm beginning to suspect the problem lies somewhere
else. Maybe I should try to build jack from source, too.

> Just use the realtime LSM.  The rtlimits/PAM stuff is not ready yet
> (glibc needs to catch up, until then it's just a hack).

Is there a realtime lsm patch for 2.6.13? I thought rtlimits was standard
with 2.6.13. For testing I just ran Jack as root.

Eric, Reuben, would be nice to hear some more details about your working
setups.

Michael