[linux-audio-user] Free music/Licenses again

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Mon Sep 12 04:21:03 EDT 2005

On Mon, 12 Sep, 2005 at 10:53AM +0300, Juhana Sadeharju spake thus:

> Hello. Anyone has a list of sites carrying free music?

My stuff is at http://dis-dot-dat.net/index.cgi?item=music/

There's http://opensrc.org/index.php?page=RadIO which is nice.

and http://opensrc.org/MusiciansOpensrcOrg will take you to a lot of
people's stuff.

> And now this license thing: Can I download the files and place
> them available from our site? Compare with GPL license. Does
> creativecommons license allow that?

Yes.

"You are free:

    * to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
    ..."

I think that covers it.

> Juhana

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)