[linux-audio-user] 44.1, 48 or 96?

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 10:23:28 EDT 2005

On Monday 12 September 2005 08:55 am, Greg Wilder wrote:
> Believe it or not, many of the ultra-high end mastering
> studios bounce their final product to 1/2 inch two-track analog tape so
> they can recapture it a final time at 44.1.

Interesting--just the approach I was thinking of as being among the easiest /
potentially best quality.  (I mean, I can see all kinds of potential problems
doing the conversion "mathmatically" (sp?) within the computer.)

A similar approach might be to do a D to A and then an A to D within the
computer (e.g., soundcard output to soundcard input).

Randy Kramer