[linux-audio-user] is RT-Preempt functional on x86-64?

José Serralde sonojm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 15:36:14 EDT 2005

El mar, 13-09-2005 a las 15:02 -0400, Lee Revell escribió:
> On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 13:46 -0500, José María Serralde Ruiz wrote:
> > I have been having exactly the same abrupt rebooting after compiling .13
> > with realtime patch (not yet working on PAM tweaks).  I have googled for
> > possible conflicts with predetermined Ubuntu Breezy kernel config; I
> > would like to preserve as much original Ubuntu's functionality as I can
> > (at least for experimental purposes).
>
> Well this is the wrong place to post it if you want the problem fixed.
> Send the bug reports to linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org and cc mingo at
> elte.hu.
>
> Lee

I think we should not report directly to the kernel devs, for preempt
patches issues right? The kernel compiles perfectly without the patch.

And well, I think similar posts @ this list, sharing user experiences,
have been so useful for many of us.

Have patience. This was not a bug report but a parallel story to
Carmen's.

Anyone successfully Molnar-patching a .13 kernel @ AMD64?

Thanks for your response Lee. And cheers to all.

José