[linux-audio-user] Re: TeamSpeak voe's and Hardware advice.

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 05:16:00 EDT 2005

http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=204&product=10769&nav=0
> and now I'm salivating again. But this time I have managed to keep my
> credit-card in it's holster long enough to ask here first. Anyone have
> any experience with this sort of thing? Will this do Hardware mixing?
> Releasing me from my struggle's with arts dmix/dsnoop and it's ilk? Is
> it, in short, the answer to my parayers?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help/info you can provide.
>
> //Joacim Jacobsson

Short answer, i wouldn't touch one with a forty foot barge pole.
Currently totally unsuported and assume them to be well, total crap
and total crap value for money. The seem amazingly expensive for what
you get, i.e substandard stuff. I've got a griffin imic that i found
sounds great for the money (50 euro and sounds a lot better than an
audigy on my system) but it's a bit hard to get jack working with it
nicely so for music making not the best toy. Also no hardware mixing.
If you want a really nice card the echo indigos would be well,
infinitly superior to the creative crap.
http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/CardBus/ I've only heard the normal
extigy not that one but i am very unimpressed by them. the terratec
Aureon 5.1 USB looks nicer, but someone on here should have a better
idea. I suspect the echos to be totally incomparable to the creative
cards. i.e the echos are actually good. The seem to go for about 150
euro on ebay.

Loki