[linux-audio-user] External interface with many inputs

Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale arnaud at carrosse.frmug.org
Fri Sep 16 07:24:32 EDT 2005

Hi,

I would like to buy an external audio interface (mainly for a laptop,
but I may use it with my desktop machine too). My requirements are:

- must work with Linux (obviously) and MacOSX,
- at least 4 inputs, 8 would be better (for recording drums among
  other things),
- at least a couple preamps would be nice, but this is not an absolute
  requirement.

AFAICT, most USB interfaces have only 2 inputs. I found the Edirol
UA-101 and the Lexicon Omega Desktop Recording Studio which look like
what I want, does anyone have any experience with these two?

--
Arnaud