[linux-audio-user] E-Mu XBoard 25 or 49 supported?

Sebastien Cevey seb at cine7.net
Sat Sep 17 07:15:49 EDT 2005

begin Clemens Ladisch quotation of Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 09:12:48AM +0200:

> > Would it require firmware uploads like the M-Audio devices, or could
> > it work out-of-the-box?
>
> It would require a change to driver in any case.

In usb-midi.c?  May I ask what kind of change exactly?

Is it just about adding new codes to match the device in the header
and corresponding additions in the implementation file, or would it
involve a lot of debugging, quirks handling and other special cases?

> > No matter how much I appreciate vkeybd, I'd love to buy some physical
> > replacement to it :-)
>
> http://qbik.ch/usb/devices/search_res.php?pattern=midi+keyboard

Okay thanks!

I'd love to see the XBoard supported and added to the list, as it'd
probably make a lot of people happy, but I could only help if the
changes are rather trivial as I am no kernel hacker..

--
Sébastien Cevey <seb at cine7.net> | http://sirius.cine7.net/ | GPG: AEE9D6B9
Jabber: theefer at albus.cine7.net | ICQ: 48895760 | MSN: theefer at hotmail.com

" You can write a small letter to Grandma in the filename. "
Forbes Burkowski, CS, University of Washington