[linux-audio-user] Using LinuxSampler

Denis Bussieres bussman at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 24 21:01:04 EDT 2005

Fellow Linux audio maniacs,

Been lurking around for a few months. Figured I'd finally introduce
myself.

I was wondering how you guys are set-up when you use  LinuxSampler. Do
you have a dedicated machine, run everything on the same turbocharged
state-of-the-art box, or whatever?

As for myself I run LinuxSampler standalone, controlled via MIDI from my
ancient Atari 1040ST. I then capture the output with Qarecord. I then
dump the tracks into Ardour to record other instruments. Kind of a
roundabout way, but my machine is getting old. I'm looking to build a
new one and I'd love to hear your ideas concerning a future set-up.

Denis