[linux-audio-user] Simple song in Ardour...

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Sun Sep 25 19:09:30 EDT 2005

October wrote:

>Sounds good!
>
>What are you using for a microphone and recording
>enviroment?  How about PC hardware and software?  I'd
>be happy if I could get my live recordings to sound
>that good!
>
>Best,
>
>Jon Hoskins

Thanks..

Mic is a Peavey MT400 I think...Condenser Studio mic. Straight into a
phantom power unit and into the Delta 1010LT and Ardour. Environment as
far as recording space is a 12 by 14 cubby hole in my garage with
nothing special done to it. Audio box is an Asus Mobo with Barton XP
2500 proc, 1 gig ram ran headless with XDMCP from several different
machines to get more Desktop real estate. At that time Mdk 10.1 and
thacs packages. Used SWH compressor (SC-4) and Jamin to master. Only fx
were Ambience VST for reverb and some LADSPA eq (TAP plugs) for Guitars
and bass. Laid down the acoustic first then bass and last lead guitar.

R~