[linux-audio-user] community studio gear

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Sep 27 18:36:13 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 14:17 -0400, Jason Bechtel wrote:
> We have a small budget (I don't know how much).  The guys with studio
> knowledge have looked at the linux-sound website and done some
> searching and are asking whether they can use one of the following two
> devices with Linux:
>
> Tascam DM-300 (FireWire; new model)
> Yamaha 01V96

the answer, as far as i know, is either "no", or "yes, but you don't
want to deal with the hassle at this time".

if they want to get (lots of) audio in/out of a linux system, they
should be considering RME hdsp interfaces or M-Audio Delta 1010's.
these are both high quality devices used by professional studios.
some of the hdsp configurations will also need external digital/analog
converters, which is where you can pay whatever you want and get
whatever quality you can afford.

--p