[linux-audio-user] latency: video card contribution

hanaghan at starband.net hanaghan at starband.net
Thu Sep 29 03:55:59 EDT 2005

> On 9/28/05, hanaghan at starband.net <hanaghan at starband.net> wrote:
>> >
>> > Choose a good controller with a bit of dedicated video memory. For
>> purely audio apps you don't need all that much, but if you're going
>> to run video apps or do multimedia stuff then you'll want more.
>> >
>> > HTH,
>> > Mark
>>

>> Mr. Knecht!   Nice to see you on LAU! :)
>>
>> R~
>
> Thanks. Hoping to get a bit of help building a rt 64-bit kernel. So far
> the one person in the world who knows the answer hasn't read my message.
> ;-)
>
> Very strange. You tune is on my player right now. Synchronicity....

Ahh yes...thats the embedded packet pinger thingy I  put in it!  Lets me
know who REALLY listened to it! :)

I have a 64 bit box that I have entertained setting up as an audio box but
you know me and building software! I think the last thing I built was
Linux Sampler actually. And the packages out there for true 64 bit are a
bit limited, especially in the distro I use!
R~