[linux-audio-user] HDSP9652 and maybe driver problems

Michele Spinolo michele.spinolo at tin.it
Thu Sep 29 16:34:39 EDT 2005

Hi guys,

I have a RME HDSP9652 plus RME ADI-8 Pro under a FC3 PlanetCCRMA at Home distro
and I am experimenting some problems.
Kernel used is 2.6.10-3 with real time patch, and the distro is up to date.

I use rec_imp
(http://www.duffroomcorrection.com/wiki/Simple_Automated_IR_Measuring_Tool)
to measure my chain: I simple connect ADI-8 Pro input to output and analyse
the impulse response.
Well when first channel is used (i.e. input 0:0 output 0:0) results are
pretty good while using other inputs outputs results are really bad.
Basicly I have a lack in low frequency: looking at HDSPMixer I notice that
the input channel displays the signal only after some time the signal is
played on output. This should be the reason of lack of low frequency: the
impulse response is obtained by a logaritmic sine sweep test signal.

I contacted Ed Wildgooses (rec_imp creator), who supposed it could be a
driver problem: I was wondering if it is a known bug or someone had the same
problem.

Thanks!
Michele