[linux-audio-user] A New Tune

Cesare cesare at poeticstudios.com
Fri Sep 30 06:41:23 EDT 2005

Conor O'Tuama wrote:

> Hi  :-)  Seeing as everybody else appears to be getting the tunes out
> there, I thought I might as well bite the bullet......hope somebody
> likes it ;-) It is an initial mix, rough about the edges.
>
> http://homepage.eircom.net/~conorotuama/time_til_i_die.ogg
> Copyright 2005 Conor O'Tuama
>
> Cheers ! (recorded in Slackware Linux, using Ardour and various other
> bits 'n' bobs)

The song is already good as it is. But I think less repetitive lyrics
would make it even more interesting. For my taste I would rise the level
of the piano at the end of the track.

I've also some questions. How do you record vocals? They're very clear
and sit well in the mix. Do you use a vocal booth, or a properly
isolated and acoustically neutral room? What about the mic (to my ears
it seems to be a dynamic mic, maybe a sm58)? At what distance from it do
you sing?

c.
www.cesaremarilungo.com