[linux-audio-user] A graphical LADSPA host for Ardour and Debian?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sun Apr 2 09:35:39 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 23:53 +0100, Joseph Jones wrote:
> On 4/1/06, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 20:58 +0100, Joseph Jones wrote:
> > > Hi again peeps,
> > >
> > > So I've been having a ton of fun messing around with the various
> > > sequencers, synths etc. available.
> > >
> > > However, I've come against a wall, it looks kinda like this:
> > >
> > > I want to be able to record a real instrument into Ardour (can already
> > > do this) and then apply some LADSPA effects to it. *However*, some of
> > > the plug-ins I'm using have two inputs, such as signal difference
> > > plugins etc. and Ardour can't handle them. I've tried using omsynth
> > > for this, but my poor Athlon 2000+ can't seem to handle om and Ardour
> > > at the same time.
> >
> > insert the mono-to-stereo plugin first, then the 2 input plugin after
> > that. ardour will do this automatically in the future.
> >

> But then, aren't I just comparing the same signal to itself? Or have I
> misunderstood the purpose of the mono-to-stereo plugin?

i didn't read this carefully enough. if you have only one "real
instrument" (whatever that means), then you don't have two signals to
compare. if you have other tracks with other signals and you want to use
them in this way, create, for example, a stereo bus. put the plugin in
the bus, connect the output of one track to its first input, and the
output of the other thread to its second input. the plugin will get the
two signals on its two inputs and voila.