[linux-audio-user] question about jackd/qjackctl options

Dan Mills dmills at spamblock.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 12:21:14 EDT 2006

On 1 Apr 2006, at 19:49, Lee Revell wrote:

> On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 13:27 -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>> Thanks Paul. This is what I was hoping to hear. At RFA they probably
>> don't want Rivendell's caed (core audio engine daemon) getting kicked
>> out by jack in the middle of a broadcast.
>
> Soft mode is an OK workaround, but you should still try to get the
> bug(s) in Rivendell fixed that are causing JACK to kick it out.

There are caed bugs causing this!  Please tell!

As far as I can see the process callback is completely lock free, if
not I want to know...

Now if you are setting soft mode for insurance that is another thing,
but please report any instances of caed getting kicked by jack (I have
never seen it happen).

CCed to rivendell-prog

Regards, Dan.