[linux-audio-user] A couple of questions

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sun Apr 2 14:50:56 EDT 2006

> even if they do have the USB-audio module, likely the device will
> show up at hw:1.0.0. at which point the user has to either reorder
> the module loading via /etc/modules.d trickery, or do some
> asound.conf/rc magic to change the 'default' device to something
> 'sides hw:0.0.0. this isnt very intuitive..

Huh, and even the indexing magic if you own more than one USB-device and
you want them to appear in ALSA in a certain order!

A further issue: I have configured the USB card as the default device.
What will happen if I remove it or left it at home while I'm on the
road? Will ALSA automatically fall back to the internal audio card of
my notebook?

Best regards

ce