[linux-audio-user] Re: Snare Synthesis

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Mon Apr 3 09:17:17 EDT 2006

> http://waldorf.electro-music.com/attack/docs/attackdrumsounds.pdf

Thanks Malte, this is some great info!

It's very reassuring that the 'classic' drum machines don't create their
drum machines through a secret ritual ceremony involving straw figures
and pin pricks.

>From what the text says, my 'hard snare' sound is very similar to the
Roland 808 hand clap.

It's beautiful how all these different musicians use different
techniques to make people feel good. We code our asses off and introduce
two exponential envelopes to a white noise source, and African Americans
build cathedrals and clap their hands in them.

;)

Much appreciated, Malte.

Carlo