[linux-audio-user] question about jackd/qjackctl options

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Mon Apr 3 10:22:12 EDT 2006

Dan Mills wrote:
> On 1 Apr 2006, at 19:49, Lee Revell wrote:
>> On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 13:27 -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>>> Thanks Paul. This is what I was hoping to hear. At RFA they probably
>>> don't want Rivendell's caed (core audio engine daemon) getting kicked
>>> out by jack in the middle of a broadcast.
>> Soft mode is an OK workaround, but you should still try to get the
>> bug(s) in Rivendell fixed that are causing JACK to kick it out.
> There are caed bugs causing this!  Please tell!

No, no. Sorry, that was not what I was saying at all. See my other
reply. I just wanted to know as a precaution.

> As far as I can see the process callback is completely lock free, if
> not I want to know...

Likewise. It's fine. I've just a found a few ways to make it miss the
deadline due to some changes I tried in my own attempts at trying to fix
a different issue.

> Now if you are setting soft mode for insurance that is another thing,

Exactly the intent of my question.

> but please report any instances of caed getting kicked by jack (I have
> never seen it happen).

Of course. As said, I haven't seen it happen other than when I changed
something in a stupid way.

Sorry to have caused you stress and alarm, Dan. ;)

-Eric Rz.