[linux-audio-user] Skype + emu10k1

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Apr 3 14:39:56 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 14:28 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> Does anyone out there have Skype working with an emu10k1 (specifically
> Audigy2 ZS)?
>
> I just installed it, plugged my headset into the front panel Headphones
> and Line2/Mic2 jack, and called the echo service.  I can hear my voice
> OK but the other end sounds TERRIBLE, full of pops and clicks.
>
> Is Skype for Linux really such a piece of crap, that it won't work with
> one of the best supported devices?

i've used it on an ICH5 device. it worked fine. very susceptible to
network quality of service issues though, and both ends must be using a
headset to avoid stupid echoes. one of my call targets had to switch
from wireless to wired connectivity with his router in order for us to
get acceptable quality.

--p