bass punchiness [was Re: [linux-audio-user] I'm back with some music]

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Apr 4 14:27:33 EDT 2006

Loki Davison wrote:

> Side chain compressors can also help a lot. Having an env on frequency
> is really nice too, dropping the frequency with time.
> http://loki.theworldsbestdomain.com/notbigfish.ogg example of quite a
> big punchy bass.
>
> Loki

Hi,

Picking up this thread again.

I have tried the various suggestions and it has definitely made the bass
more sound fuller. However, The sound being generated is a constant
drone or pulse. Fluctuating, rhythmic and melodic but still constant.

Does anyone have a tip for making the bass stop at set times.

For the purposes of this experiment I am using this chain:

Trigger->envelope->wavetable->moog filter->oscillator->compressor-output

Which creates a sound like this:

http://djcj.org/audio/kotau/bassline-040506.ogg

While this is actually quite a desirable sound for me I would also like
to be able to trigger when it stops, not just when it starts.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke
discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets
disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street.
Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before
the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International
Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO
Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM