[linux-audio-user] pci device ids for soundcards

SoNicX sonicx_ at gmx.net
Thu Apr 6 02:15:24 EDT 2006

hello,
where would i add my soundcards pci id if it hasnt the right name,bzw not all
ids are known yet? my sb audigy 2 zs pl pro is shown as a audigy 2, one of
the ids is not known. can someone tell me which file those are in, or even
better, what to do to add new device ids to whatever db they are in ? i found
cardinformation commented out in p16v.h or .c which should, if it werent
commented out also contain the ids of my specific card, so i wonder where
those ids are stored in the end, i dont even know if they are to be found in
the kernel source or in one of those alsa sources.
thanks in advance,
 sonicx