[linux-audio-user] Regarding the file sharing site

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Thu Apr 6 17:47:47 EDT 2006

Dana Olson <dana at ubuntustudio.com> writes:

> I don't think many people will want to use such a license...

Maybe not, but it would be nice if there was a site out there with GPL
content.

> I don't think that everyone should be forced to give away their
> music, or provide the "source code" to their album to anyone who
> buys it.

No one should be pressured to do something against their will;). I
just like to find some GPL content, cause I want to release my own
music under the GPL.

> What exactly is the source code for an album anyhow?

All synth code, all samples, the plugin settings; every part of the
song in its rawest, most modifiable form;). For me, this suits me fine
because I want people to play with my content. I want people to make
instrumentals to my a cappellas and I want you to play with my synth
code and help me learn more and reach the goals that I aim for.

> place (..) restrictions

It would be nice if your site could, as an option, be browsable with
only GPL content. I sure would like to find out what material has
actually been released under such a license.

So, it would be nice if people could also choose GPL license when they
upload to your site. Also, please don't require registration to
download content and no ads;).

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m