[linux-audio-user] A new piece of music

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Sun Apr 9 05:54:38 EDT 2006

On Sun, 09 Apr, 2006 at 09:11AM +0100, Folderol spake thus:
> On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 22:21:21 -0300
> "Denis Alessandro Altoe Falqueto" <denisfalqueto at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 4/8/06, james at dis-dot-dat.net <james at dis-dot-dat.net> wrote:
> > > That's the bunny!
> >
> > The hint was the key, to me...
> >
> > > You receive one chocolate bar.  It appears to have something writtent
> > > on it.
> > >
> > > Exits are: north, west
> >
> > Hehehehe, my prize is listening to the music. And would be too much
> > work sending it to Brazil. :-)
> >
> > Thanks for sharing it. It is a very good song and after I listened the
> > hint and thought about it, Persona Grata sounded even better. The
> > beginning is fantastic. The instruments were very well chosen. I would
> > just make the drums a little less "hard". I mean, the kick with less
> > atack or a little more smooth. But that is just me. The tune is great!
> >
> > Best regards.
> >

> Hmmm. Talking about drums... What re you (James) using for your drum
> kit?

Bits of allsorts.  Samples collected from magazine covers, mostly.  I
usually (like here) layer a 303 style kick for punch with a "real"
kick for feel.

I don't tend to use a predefined "kit" - I've colected so many samples
(6.6GB), I just browse until I find the one that sounds right.  It's
all very scientific :)

James

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)