[linux-audio-user] Re: Motherboard recommendations

Stephen Hassard steve at hassard.net
Sun Apr 9 11:10:37 EDT 2006

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 19:22:11 -0700, Loki Davison <loki.davison at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I am also looking for another mobo of the crashing much less type.
> Does anyone have a recommendation i.e model number of a known working
> well for low latency board? What do people on here with amd64 use?
> Asus nvidia based boards are easy to get here, though other brands
> seem less common. Need pci-e and sata.

Take a look at the Asus A8N-SLI Premium (*NOT* the Deluxe). The Premium is
an nForce4 chipset (well supported these days) and includes passive
cooling on the north and southbridges. Otherwise, I've had good luck with
the ATI Xpress 3200 based Asus A8R32-MVP, but only with newer kernels. The
ATI chipset runs much cooler than the nforce4 beast, and you might be able
to get away with less noisy fans in the system.

later,
Steve