[linux-audio-user] Re: Motherboard recommendations

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 21:30:07 EDT 2006

On 4/10/06, carmen <ix at replic.net> wrote:
> > Ahh. i've got the RS480 ;-) though not using the onboard graphics as
> > it's got no dvi out. I'll try with 2.6.16 and see how it goes though.
>
> 2.6.17 (proabbly .16 as well) finally fixed the 'clock runs twice as fast as
> it should' bug that has plagued my RS480 notebook. MSI nor ATI has been able
> to issue any kind of definitive fix for the instability problems - the only
> solution is don't run PowerNow (the crash tends to happen in a speed state
> transition) or run the RAM at 333 instead of 400. i'd steer clear, maybe the
> bug is fixed in the 482 but who knows.. ATI doesnt have a very good track
> record with linux..
>

> > Loki

Well, somewhat happy to here it is the board that is screwed and not
something else. I've never had an issue with the clock as in what time
is kept, though i did have to patch jack with the dual core clock fix.
It usually locks up when i have the machine under load so i'll try new
kernel and no powernow.

Loki