[linux-audio-user] System clock running too fast with realtime kernel

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Fri Apr 14 16:44:33 EDT 2006

Hi,

I noticed that my system clock is too fast by about 5 seconds per hour
when running under a realtime kernel. I'm using kernel 2.6.16 on an
Athlon XP with VIA KT600 chipset.
With a non-realtime kernel, using exactly the same config (except for
preemption mode, of course) the clock is ok.

I don't remember having this problem on kernel versions before 2.6.16 (or
maybe 2.6.15, I'm not sure), but I don't know if this is due to a change
in the kernel or in my own config.

Has anyone seen this problem before, or does anyone know what I could do
about it?

Also, is there a more appropriate place to report problems with the
realtime kernel patches?

Thanks,
    Dominic