[linux-audio-user] Re: Music: Dirty Monkey

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sat Apr 15 10:36:37 EDT 2006

Thanks, Ico.

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 11:23:15PM +0200, Carlo Capocasa wrote:
> The Intro is Earth-Shaking. Good Stuff. Hard techno and borderline
> psychedelic. Almost a tune I could hear played in St. Gallen's very own
> ElectroKeller.

Thanks :)

> But then the melody comes in and ruins it. Off the top of my head I'd
> scrap the melody completely and use the harmonies VERY sparingly as
> orchestra jabs.

Hrmpf. Well, I see where you're coming from. For a club track, I would
definitely have to at least reduce the lead. But without, it doesn't
have the feel I wanted. While working on it, I often asked myself if
there's a nice kind of tension or if it just bites, though.

I'm not willing to remove the lead. But I added an archive with all
Om patches, the MusE and JAMin files and a MIDI export, so anyone
can work with it (all cc-by-sa). Requires recent Om CVS, though.
It's all open source, baby! ;)

http://www.archive.org/download/dirty_monkey/dirty_monkey.tar.bz2

> I'd also get a title that sounds 'cool' :)

To me, Dirty Monkey does sound cool ;p

---
Thorsten