[linux-audio-user] Re: Music: Dirty Monkey

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 19:19:51 EDT 2006

> > But then the melody comes in and ruins it. Off the top of my head I'd
> > scrap the melody completely and use the harmonies VERY sparingly as
> > orchestra jabs.

I thought that this was exactly the whole point of the piece--the lead sound
at first sounded like a really cheesy lead guitar completely out of place
and character, but then I realized it was the pissed off monkey being, well,
pissed off :-)... And then the harmonies crept in, which to me sounded like
that tiny optimism peeking in the background.

> To me, Dirty Monkey does sound cool ;p

Yep, given the programmatic element, IMHO it could not be more appropriate
;-)

Ico