[linux-audio-user] rt kernel compile, lose wireless

Dana Olson dana at ubuntustudio.com
Sat Apr 15 23:46:45 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 20:28 -0400, greg wrote:
> I compiled the -rt patched kernel in Ubuntu.  I think I did
> everything correctly.  When I boot to it, it flashes something that says
> "**********REMINDER*******" but I can't read the message.  Does anyone
> know where or how to read this?

If you can't hit Pause while booting to read it, and it's not in your
logs, then the best I can do, without grepping the entire kernel source
tree, is to guess.

So my guess is that it is a warning about a kernel option that you have
enabled which increases latency. There are a couple that I ran into that
printed out something like what you are describing, and they're under
the Kernel debugging section. Go there and turn off any debugging stuff
that you don't require, and try again.

Dana