[linux-audio-user] exporting audio in rosegarden?

Carotinho carotinobg at yahoo.it
Tue Apr 18 06:52:15 EDT 2006

Hi!

Alle 12:31, martedì 18 aprile 2006, stuff at trackingsolutions.ca ha scritto:
> I am re-posting this message from the rosegarden list in hopes that someone
> here can help.
>
> I am trying to export audio from rosegarden what is the best way to export
> my audio?

I don't know how it's called in English, but I usally click on the "Manage
your audio segment's files" and export them to a file, which I later reimport
in Ardour. I do it this way because my system is pretty limited RAM- and
CPU-wise, so this prevent me from using too many apps doing different things.

> Also is it best to export as audio or is there a better way to post process
> a composition in ardour or something?

The output through JACK and the exported audio file being the same, you can
export the files as I said before or also record in Ardour selecting as
source the audio-out of Rosegarden. Or, you can play the external synths and
samplers from Rosegarden, used just as a midi sequencer, and record them in
Ardour, which I think it's the common way. If I have to do strange things to
a track, I edit it in Audacity, but for mixing and applying the effects, I
believe it is better to use Ardour.

Byez!

Carotinho