[linux-audio-user] SysEx - which app?

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 10:59:21 EDT 2006

The recent conversations on this list couldn't have come at a better
time:  next week I will take ownership of my new baby, a Roland VK8M.
Many of the editing features, such as Leslie speed and chorus/vibrato
settings, are hidden, and require that sysex strings be sent to the
device via MIDI.  I will be needing an app to do this.

I read mention that sysexxer (?) is no longer maintained, so which app
should I use?  In my Windows days, a MIDI sequencer could do this, so
I'm guessing that I might could use Rosegarden, but I haven't
confirmed this.  Any suggestions?

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com