[linux-audio-user] Re: LKML: Time to remove LSM

paul wisehart listreader at lupulin.net
Tue Apr 18 21:43:15 EDT 2006

I'm posting this just as a perspective ...

I would rather use *BSD.

for 2 reasons:
reason 1: (not really relevant here)
I like unix at its roots, it just makes me feel good.

reason 2: (totally effin relevant)
The BSDs don't have this fractured user base.
Sure you can switch between Net* Open* and Free* (Dragon* too),
but you do that for big reasons *UP-FRONT*.

Its frustrating how fractured linux has become.
(But, maybe it always was.)
Switching distros *IS* a solution.
Switching distros *IS* a solution that should only
happen *ONCE* because your switching from a bad distro.

unix/linux is beautiful (in one sense, not all) because it lasts.
You can come back to a system that been sitting in a closet
(or sitting at a colo, doing its job) *YEARS* later, and
there it is.  The computer.   Working.  Working well.
That's really nice.

I use linux because of ALSA, period.

We need to realize that an audio workstation is not a "server".
It is obvious that realtime takes precedence over security in
"audio land". (I don't mean that in a bad way at all.)

BUT, linux is still a server OS too.  Its kind of everything.

uhmm, i don't remember what my point was, but i wrote too much
to delete it....

--
paul w